Research. Write. Edit. Fact check. Revise. Proof. Publish. Promote. Whether you’re creating content for a website, magazine, print advertisement or social media post each step in the editorial process is crucial. ZLRIGNITION is looking for a passionate storyteller. We want a person who can work independently to dig up good information and methodically transform it into a compelling narrative. From 40 characters to a thousand words. Can you tell a story?
- Self-directed and independent
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Adaptable to both creative and journalistic writing styles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software including Outlook, WORD and EXCEL
- Familiarization with digital software platforms including website Content Management Systems like WordPress, as well as social media tools like HootSuite or TweetDeck
- Basic understanding of web and social media analytics
The new hire will be responsible for researching, developing and authoring quality content for digital and social channels to serve a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will support current public relations and marketing staff in integrating strategy and message platforms throughout all work. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of current news, trends and research related to specific industries
- Regularly present ideas for story collection and content creation in alignment with client needs
- Efficiently research and collect data, interviews and images for content creation and publication
- Deliver tactical plans to merchandise and repackage content elements across several channels, including blogs, e-mail, websites and social community sites (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube, etc.)
- Feed account management and public relations staff information and ideas to be leveraged in marketing and media relations
- Assist account teams in developing and maintaining editorial/content calendars
- Audit content and social media analytics for engagement levels and results. Interpret and advise account team on results
- Monitor social/content marketing trends, identify insights that may impact client business tactics
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing Communications, or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years in public relations, copywriting and social media
- Agency background preferred but not required.
The Digital Content Specialist is a full-time position which includes a full complement of benefits. Please send your resume, cover letter and references to Jessica Lown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is December 9, 2015.