Under general direction, develop and manage the organization’s website, member communications, and graphic identity to enhance member service and increase engagement and support of the association.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, web development or related field; 1-3 years experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and ability to apply journalistic standards consistently for a variety of purposes.
- Competency in website content management applications, including competency in HTML and CSS.
- Competency in graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Competency in video production and related functions, including filming and use of nonlinear editing software, preferred.
- General competency in PC workstation office software, such as Microsoft Office applications.
- Plan, execute and evaluate the association’s website at ia-sb.org, including overseeing development of content, designing user-friendly navigation systems, promoting usage of the site, and analyzing usage statistics. Work with staff across the organization to establish and implement departmental objectives for quality and accurate content in their program areas.
- Use professional standards to design publications, infographics, brochures, e-newsletters and other communications in a variety of print and digital formats. Maintain and develop communications and graphic image standards to ensure consistent implementation of the association’s visual identity and brand.
- Write and edit content for a variety of purposes, including print and web, information and marketing. Apply strong editorial standards to copy development.
- Coordinate, develop and promote the Awards of Merit program and for-fee recognition and awards products for member districts.
- Assist the communications director with marketing, member communications, public relations efforts, and video communications, as assigned.
Project a positive, optimistic image to staff, members, vendors and others.
- Exhibit personal accountability and initiative by:
- Adhering to the staff operating principles.
- Following policies and procedures.
- Practicing effective teamwork.
- Accepting new challenges.
- Incorporating new learning.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadline pressure.
- Identify priorities among projects, seeking assistance when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the efficient and effective operation of the association and its related entities.
- Full vision with high color definition.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination for precise work on computer and elsewhere.
- Able to sit at and operate a computer for extended periods.
Terms of Employment:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with this job description, IASB’s evaluation policy, and the staff operating principles.
Revised: November 2015
IASB reserves the right to change this job description for the efficient and effective operation of this association.