Do you see the world through a marketer’s lens? Every time you see an ad, are you coming up with ways the brand could better reach their audience, communicate their message or encourage action? Do you love the art and the science of it all, how it allows you to flex the right and left parts of your brain?
BioSpace, located in Urbandale, Iowa, is among the fastest growing divisions of DHI Group, Inc. (NYSE:DHX), an established news and career hub for the Life Sciences community. Our dynamic team operates with a fun, entrepreneurial style that combines our passion & high-energy with an aggressive vision of growing BioSpace into a global brand.
As part of our growth, we are recruiting a Marketing Intern who will assist in engaging, retaining and converting our unique B2B and B2C audiences through a wide variety of digital and traditional marketing tactics. This position will be located in either Houston, TX or Urbandale, IA. Candidates must have 20-30 hours/week available, and may have some flexibility to work limited hours from home. This internship pays $12-14/hour, commensurate with experience.
In this position you will:
- Promote editorial content through paid and organic social media posting to drive page views and grow engagement
- Drive registrations and applications through job seeker marketing, including CPC job aggregators, email and social media
- Support the internal sales team with B2B marketing initiatives, assisting with the development of sales collateral, lead generation, paid search and display, email and direct mail campaigns
- Coordinate marketing efforts for regional BioSpace events and national/global trade shows
- Monitor marketing analytics and create insights reports
- Monitor the competitive landscape and conduct research as necessary for audience insights, awareness and satisfaction
- Junior or senior-level undergraduate status majoring in marketing, business, advertising, journalism, communications or related field
- Superb written and oral communication skills (excellent grammar and spelling is a must)
- Must have experience posting professionally on social media channels; social advertising/promoted posting experience a plus
- An eye for good visual design; basic Adobe CC skills a plus
- Creative knack with a sense of humor and the uncanny ability to connect with a target audience
Apply by Nov 30, 2015:
- http://careeropportunities.dhigroupinc.com/ – look for “Marketing Intern, BioSpace”
- Or email your resume and/or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply early!