Do you want to join a rapidly expanding company in a fascinating industry, where your efforts are highly visible and truly make a difference? Are you a savvy wordsmith, a stellar storyteller, and do you possess an eagle editing eye, schooled in the fundamentals of copywriting strategies? Joining The Members Group (TMG) might be just what you are looking for!
We are currently looking for an energetic, ambitious, detail-oriented Marketing Copywriter to take our growing Marketing team to the next level using brilliant, clear and creative content. Our ideal Marketing Copywriter will thrive in ever-changing, fast-paced environments and work well under pressure. This individual will generate creative ideas, write compelling copy for marketing and communication projects and implement tactical initiatives to support TMG’s International Channel Strategy.
TMG is a Des Moines-based financial services company that readies today’s progressive credit unions and community banks for tomorrow’s payments marketplace. TMG equips financial institutions across the nation and internationally with the best in card processing technologies for credit, debit, ATM, prepaid and alternative payments solutions.
- Writing and editing copy for a full marketing mix of digital, print and editorial content including websites, blogs, articles, white papers, presentations, reports, brochures, mailers, email campaigns, social media, video scripts, etc.
- Actively researching and learning about the payments and financial industry to create effective and results-oriented messaging
- Meeting with internal and external sources for creative briefing, interviews and/or research
- Working closely with project managers and designers to brainstorm and implement ideas
- Serving as an integral team player while working on any and all copy-related pieces; analyzing business needs and creating copy to include in marketing materials
- Working collaboratively on a dynamic marketing team and with other teams across the organization
- Consistently meeting time-constrained deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Superior writing, grammar, proofreading, copyediting and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field
- 1-2 years of related experience with marketing/communication concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience in banking/financial services industry a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Project/event planning, presentation and organizational skills
- Capable of working in a collaborative environment and with a variety of teams; using logic to identify strengths, weaknesses and solutions to achieve intended goal
- Proven track record of accomplishments in current and previous positions and outside endeavors
- Ability to plan and manage a variety of projects concurrently while adhering to deadlines
- Creative and inquisitive by nature; asks questions to ensure relevance to target audiences
- Ability to build rapport with a variety of clients, vendors and internal teams at all levels of the organization
Our Marketing Copywriter will have room to grow their career at TMG alongside other creative professionals. If you are highly motivated and would enjoy the diversity of challenges and opportunities that TMG provides, please send your resume, cover letter, writing samples and salary requirements.
**Credit and criminal background verification required on all applicants.
We were named one of the 2014 Top Workplaces by the Des Moines Register and offer employees an excellent 401(k) program with generous company match, paid time off, health insurance, professional development opportunities, as well as an outstanding corporate culture.