The Agricultural Law Center Office Assistant will provide a high level of professional experience for a student to manage our data files, websites, research reports, and conferences. The student will do significant communication work using online, social media, and e-mail tools.
Major: Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or a related field of study
· Experience professional social media campaigns
· Excellent attention to detail
· Advanced written and oral communications skills
· Familiar with Microsoft Office; including Access, Publisher, Word, and Excel
· Ability to follow directions while also working independently
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with website design and WordPress
· Experience with Artisteer 4
· A basic knowledge of HTML or familiarity with a CMS
Student responsibilities will include:
· Developing a personal work plan
· Data entry and management
· Organizing electronic files and documents
· Communicating via phone, e-mail, website, Facebook, and Twitter.
· Writing and editing.
· Event planning
Hours: The position will extend from fall 2015 through spring 2016. Continuing work in summer 2016 is possible. Students will work between 8 and 10 hours/week during the semester.
Duration: September through December 2015.
Resilient Agriculture Coordinator
Drake University Agricultural Law Center
2507 University Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50311