We have an exciting opportunity for a Content Writer at our Midwest agency in Des Moines, IA.
To fill the Content Writer position, we are looking for a talented, driven, and creative individual who will play a crucial role in our growing content marketing team! The content writer will create valuable, relevant and consistent content that resonates with our client’s audiences and drives profitable customer action. This role will be responsible for writing content that ranges from articles to blogs and will serve as the voice of our client’s brands.
- Writing targeted, engaging and optimized content on behalf of clients
- Writing a variety of content pieces including, but not limited to, blog posts, web content, case studies, white papers, press release, e-books
- Producing story ideas for publication on multiple distribution channels
- Conducting research, interviews and determining story structure
- Adhering to a brand’s preferred style and voice
- Collaborating with diverse internal and external teams to plan, develop, write and edit content
- Transforming complicated ideas into easily digestible and accessible pieces of copy that engage our audiences
- Optimizing content for specific keywords to increase search rankings or bring more visitors to a site
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, English, or Journalism preferred
- Minimum of two years prior experience in editorial, preferably in a position as an active contributor
- Strong editorial skills, passion for writing and attention to accuracy, grammar, story flow, style and tone
- Strong understanding of engaging storytelling using words, images, audio, video
- Flexible, fast and adaptable writing ability to tell stories in interesting and compelling ways to specific audience segments
- Prior experience and understanding of SEO best practices, analytics and familiarity with writing SEO-optimized content
- Familiarity with editorial calendars, publishing schedules
- Excellent communication skills, imagination, and enthusiasm
- Previous publishing background a plus
Interested? Show us you’re the one for this role by submitting your application along with writing samples (url preferred) online.