The ideal individual will assist the Marketing and Promotions Director by effectively and efficiently executing radio station promotions, contests and events to grow ratings and revenue.
Job responsibilities include:
- Scheduling and execution of On the Streets Promotions for our cluster of eight radio stations (The Bus 100.3, KissFM 107.5, Capital 1063, KXNO 1460, WHO Newsradio 1040, KASI 1430, New Rock 105.1 and Iowa Radio Network).
- Help coordinate some of Des Moines’ biggest events every year, including the logistics and planning of the event and onsite execution.
- Manage a fleet of radio station vehicles and all remote equipment while keeping them in working order.
- Develop, manage and execute ratings- and revenue-generating promotions for the radio stations.
- Provide creative influence to enhance the stations’ image and visibility in the community.
- Act as a liaison between Programming and Sales departments to develop overall station campaigns, themes and marketing approaches.
- Implement grassroots marketing efforts.
- Supervision station contests and on-air implementation of promotional programs. Ensure FCC compliance.
- Represent stations at events and meetings with public and clients.
- Strong organization skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven understanding of digital marketing and social networking.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Photoshop and web browsing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 60 lbs. and have the willingness and ability to learn how to operate promotional equipment.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in promotions, marketing, radio or related industry. Supervisory skills a plus.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent plus 2-4 years of college strongly preferred.
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.
Contact Mike Killabrew at email@example.com