With 239 million monthly listeners in the U.S., iHeart Media has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America, serving 150 cities through 850 owned radio stations. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
iHeart’s 24/7 News Source provides broadcast content for radio stations — written by broadcasters with an edge toward everyday conversational delivery. World, national, and local news, sports, business consumer and feature service 24 hours, 7 days a week.
24/7 News Source has an immediate opening for a full-time news writer in Des Moines, Iowa. Our ideal candidate is seasoned news writer with on-air experience. This is an overnight news writing position that will provide content for radio stations during morning drive. Employee will write summaries for local markets as assigned and also provide possible content for the national wire.
As a Writer/Broadcaster you will:
- News writing is a critical aspect of this full-time, overnight position
- Possibly deliver on-air regional news reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be seasoned as an on-air news broadcaster
- Extensive news writing experience
- Ability to work overnight schedule of 10:00 PM-6:00 AM Sunday night-Thursday night
- Solid understanding of what morning drive radio is all about
- Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under minimal supervision- must be dependable
- Must be detail oriented and able to “follow-up until resolved”
Please send resume to Mike_Ross@TTWnetwork.com
iHeart Media is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.