Do you have a strong desire to work alongside like-minded individuals who are interested in creating change and making the community better? Are you a self-starting LEADER who is results-driven, finds work fun, energetic and able to make decisions and motivate others by your example? Can you consistently drive project success from inception to completion? Do you possess the grit, will and determination to bring home a win in a challenging, fast-paced environment? Do you know when to color outside the lines with unique shades – and when to use black and white?
If you answered yes to all of the above, KSA wants you on our team.
KSA (Kathy Schaeffer and Associates, Inc.) is a public relations firm specializing in issue-oriented public relations. We help not-for-profits, associations and corporations effectively communicate their key messages to important target audiences to achieve results in the public arena, and we create and implement communications strategies that support our clients’ organizational goals.
Our mission is to provide the most creative, exciting, sensible, effective communications services that generate results for clients with meaningful communications projects. Our core values are: excellent client service; commitment to projects that make the community better; honesty – straightforward communications with each other, clients, others; ownership of work; and respect for the talents of every individual.
Vice President of Client Services Position
The Vice President of Client Services at KSA is responsible for overall, daily management of client service at KSA. The VP manages the work of Account Supervisor(s) and either directly, or through an account supervisor, manages account executives in PR activities for clients. The VP is responsible for making sure clients’ needs are served in the most effective manner possible, on time, within budget and with outstanding service and creativity – all in the spirit of KSA’s mission and its tagline, “Smart, Passionate and Ingenious.” The Vice President of Client Services reports to Kathy Schaeffer.
The Vice President of Client Services:
- Manages and assists Account Supervisors and other KSA staff members in building relationships between KSA and clients;
- Advises and participates at a senior level in developing public affairs and public relations strategies for clients;
- Mentors and supervises Account Supervisor(s) in managing execution of day-to-day public relations strategies, and sometimes directly manages execution of initiatives for clients;
- Strategizes and writes original high-level documents for clients, as well as writing and editing new business proposals. Continuously pursues and consistently demonstrates excellence in grammar, spelling and fine writing;
- Initiates programs, tactics and other recommendations for clients, in conjunction with the account staff;
- Identifies “next level” thinking for clients by tracking trends and developments with their industries and beyond;
- Coaches the account staff so KSA client service teams function effectively in achieving client goals and embodying a collegial team environment;
- Manages professional development, coaching and training for KSA staff;
- Participates in regular performance reviews for account staff, and conducts performance reviews for Account Supervisor(s);
- Assists members of firm with developing career paths;
- Regularly networks in the community for the purpose of cultivating new business prospects for KSA;
- Cultivates new client relationships and secures new client work for KSA.
- Creates ideas for new business opportunities (with current clients, and for new prospects), and coordinates new business-related assignments for account staff;
- Regularly updates firm president on work progress and results, client issues and performance of account staff;
- Works with President of the firm and Operations Manager to develop and implement strategies for achieving firm’s overall goals and objectives;
- Manages, analyzes the firm’s billable hours and revenue projections, ensuring KSA account staff are as productive as possible, resulting in greater profitability for the firm. Presents revenue projection analysis and forecasts, and plans for growth, to president;
- With Operations Manager, analyzes staffing needs, and potential changes, in conjunction with productivity, profitability and new business growth, and recommends staffing plans to president;
- Completes other duties, as assigned by the president of the firm; and
- Conducts all projects in the spirit of KSA’s mission and its tagline, “Smart, Passionate and Ingenious.”
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge
Public relations agency and management experience are required. Superior editing, writing, strategic thinking, client management and media relations experience required. Understanding and experience in new business development preferred. Entrepreneurial spirit a plus.
This position is tailor-made for a self-starter and a leader who can anticipate client opportunities – and problems – before they arise. Ideally, the VP of Client Services is a “news junkie” who has an interest in public policy.
The ideal candidate also will possess:
- A minimum of 10 years of comprehensive public relations and communications leadership experience.
- Proven track record of carrying out successful communications plans.
- Ability to set and meet tight deadlines and thrive by working in a fast-paced, ever-shifting environment.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Expert relationship-building skills.
- Understanding of and experience in new business development practices.
- Knowledge of the strategic use of social media and digital tactics in communications campaigns.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To Apply for this Position
Anyone interested in applying for this full-time job should forward the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
KSA (www.ksapr.com) is a Chicago public relations firm specializing in issues-oriented communications for hospitals and other nonprofits, associations, and major corporations that communicate about policy and advocacy in the public arena. Founded in 1994, our award-winning firm is privileged to represent clients who meet the gold standard in their industries. We have earned a reputation for first-rate strategic thinking, excellent client service and generating results through effective communications and media outreach campaigns.