Are you a fantastic writer? Do you take pride in solving problems? Are you a quick-thinker who is responsive and driven by an internal sense of urgency? Do you maintain a sense of humor when the going gets tough? Does the idea of getting a win for a client thrill you? Do you keep track of your favorite journalists’ stories? Do you double-check your texts for typos?
If you answered yes to all of the above, please send us your resume.
KSA (Kathy Schaeffer and Associates, Inc.) (www.ksapr.com), an award-winning Chicago public relations firm specializes in issues-oriented communications for associations, nonprofits and corporations that communicate about policy and advocacy in the public arena.
Founded in 1994, our award-winning firm is privileged to represent clients who meet the gold standard in their industries. Our team has earned a reputation for first-rate strategic thinking, excellent client service, exceptional writing and generating results through effective communications and media outreach campaigns.
Sr. Account Executive Position
KSA is growing and we’re looking for a strategic, talented and enthusiastic Senior Account Executive to work with our health care, association, nonprofit and corporate clients. Our clients look to the Senior Account Executive for ongoing strategic communications counsel, high-level writing and project management. At KSA, we offer a fast-paced environment with a front-row seat for some of the most vital public policy issues of the day. The Senior Account Executive is a member of the KSA account team and reports to the VP of Client Services.
- Play a key role in strategizing and implementing multi-faceted public relations campaigns.
- Take ownership of and manage multiple projects and account details to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Continuously pursue and consistently demonstrate excellence in grammar, spelling and fine writing.
- Regularly write original documents whose purposes are to persuade the reader, such as: pitch letters to creatively convey the client’s position; memos or e-mails to introduce a novel concept or communications idea to a client; and scripts, talking points or news media materials that demonstrate the originality and/or news value of a topic.
- Help to plan and lead team efforts at events such as news conferences, focus groups and media training.
- Search for new ways to communicate the client’s messages through traditional and digital media channels.
- Support the firm’s new business development efforts through networking, writing proposals and making presentations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in issues-oriented public relations, media outreach and social media, and will have at least 3-5 years of public relations agency experience.
The KSA Senior Account Executive must be a strong writer, a consistent idea generator and a keen strategist. The person must be able to understand the communications needs for a variety of clients and excel in a team atmosphere. At KSA, the Senior Account Executive has daily contact with clients, and has to meet and anticipate client needs. At KSA, our team members do more than act as order-takers for clients. We understand what’s important to our clients and exceed their expectations daily.
At KSA, we think it’s fun to follow current events and do so avidly, and we keep tabs on the major players in the political world and business community. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Chicago media market, established media relationships, and the ability to recommend how KSA can best use communications to position its clients. And, the person must possess a strong understanding of social media and its growing importance in every communications campaign.
The firm’s culture is entrepreneurial, and each team member works to live up to the firm’s tagline: Smart … Passionate … Ingenious.
To Apply for the Position
We offer an extraordinary opportunity to the right person to develop skills and grow professionally. This is an exempt position and includes an excellent benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience. Anyone interested in applying for this full-time job should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.