GasPedal, the company behind SocialMedia.org and WordofMouth.org, is hiring a writer to join our Communications Team for the summer of 2015 in our Austin or Chicago office. You’ll write about social media and word of mouth marketing to 50,000 fans. You’ll help us with blog content, email newsletters, and social media — and we’ll teach you everything we know.
Here is your chance to learn how social media really works from the biggest brands with the budgets to do it right. At the same time, you’ll learn true grassroots tactics as a part of our guerrilla social media and word of mouth programs. You’ll have an inside view of social media strategy, content marketing, and word of mouth marketing.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong writer with great examples to show us
- A great editor/proofreader with an eagle eye for typos, grammatical errors, and other broken things
- A major in journalism, communications, PR, advertising, marketing, or related fields
- Someone with strong organizational skills, who’s able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Genuine interest in business writing and social media marketing
- Creativity and a sense of humor
We hire for attitude
Bring a great attitude, smarts, and a desire to work.
There’s an amazing culture here. We work hard, we obsess about the details, and we challenge ourselves. We work intensely hard during the day on interesting stuff, and end in time to have interesting personal lives, too. If that sounds like fun, you’ll love this place.
We choose the candidates who can show us:
- Positive attitude and a desire to do great work
- Hunger to learn so they can go on to do even greater things
- Strong writing skills
- Organization and good priority-setting
- Appreciation that doing great things sometimes includes doing hard or dull things
- Work/office skills, including web/office apps, organization, and communications
Some important details
- This is a full-time internship. Minimum commitment of 10 weeks, 30 hours per week. We’re flexible on schedule and can work around your other school and employment commitments.
- This is an unpaid internship. We provide $100/week reimbursement for expenses.
- Location: Our Austin or Chicago office. (In-person only, no telecommuting — it’s way too intense to not be in the middle of the action.)
- Current students or recent graduates only.
- After a successful internship, we will help you with college credit, recommendation letters, and your job search.
How to get this internship
All applications must be submitted online at gaspedal.com/jobs. We want to see a great cover letter, resume, and anything else that shows us how you think and work.
Qualified candidates will receive a Skype interview.
Only a few students get this opportunity — and we’re giving it to people who really want it, not people just checking off the internship box. We need to know that if we offer you the position, you’re going to make the most of it. Show us what you’ve done and how you can do it for us. Show us you’re someone we’d enjoy working with — that you’re someone with a great personality backed up by real skill.