The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) invites ALL journalism students to apply for their scholarships, internship grants and journalism training opportunities. Students do not need to identify as Asian American to apply to most of the programs listed. See some opportunities below
AAJA Scholarships, Internships and Grants
- The CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship: $5,000 available to support current college students or high school seniors passionate about journalism. The recipient will also receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the 2015 AAJA National Convention in San Francisco, CA August 12 – 15. The deadline to apply is May 3, 2015.
- Stanford Chen Internship Grant: $1,750 available to support current juniors, seniors and graduate students who have secured a summer journalism internship. The deadline to apply is April 12, 2015.
- Broadcast News Internship Grants: Two grants offered to support students or recent graduates that have secured a summer broadcasting internship. The deadline to apply is April 19, 2015.
- Print and Online News Internship Grant: $1,000 available to support students or recent graduates who have secured a summer print or online news internship. The deadline to apply is April 19, 2015.
- Mary Quon Moy Ing Memorial Scholarship: $2,000 available to current college students and high school seniors who are passionate about journalism. The deadline to apply is May 3, 2015.
- Vincent Chin Memorial Scholarship: Current college students may apply to receive $500. The deadline to apply is May 3, 2015.
Learn More About AAJA Student Opportunities here: