Business Publications Corporation, Inc., is looking for a graphic designer to join the Business Record team.
This is a full-time position that requires a love for print and knowledge in electronic media. We are looking for a designer with outstanding attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively with a team or independently on a variety of projects. This position will be involved with multiple projects on a regular basis working with several departments. Projects range from producing public/legal notices, daily e-newsletters, assist with layout of the weekly paper, annual special projects and marketing materials in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment. Candidates must be creative, self-managed professionals looking to join a company with a rich history in Greater Des Moines and strong reputation for quality.
– Attention to detail, and ability to uphold high quality and accuracy standards
– Proficiency in Adobe CS6 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
– Strong visual design sense
– Strong understanding for print and web design specs and best practices
– Considerate of deadlines, timelines and production schedules
– Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once
– Work closely with sales and editorial teams to understand key initiatives and develop creative strategies
– Willingness to learn new skills
– Ability to respond positively to constructive criticism
Business Publications is a locally owned publishing company located in the old train depot at 100 Fourth St. Des Moines. We produce the Business Record, Book of Lists, dsm Magazine, ia and many other custom publications throughout Greater Des Moines and the state of Iowa. Compensation is determined by experience, plus benefits including: healthcare, dental, PTO, long-term and short-term insurance, life insurance, and flexible scheduling.
Please send resume and electronic design samples to Ashley Holter at email@example.com