The Office of Alumni Relations is searching for a new special events intern to start this semester with the expectation that the successful candidate will continue to work in the position through the 2015-16 academic year. There is also an option for summer hours for someone staying in Des Moines. Opportunity to experience a busy office producing a variety of events both on and off campus. Exposure to the process and development of the skills needed in event planning and management.
- Manages the Alumni event RSVP process using NetCommunity and Raisers Edge Online software. Guest responses may be made on-line, by phone, email, or mail. The process requires retrieving registrations and returning phone calls, tracking payments and making deposits.
- Organizes event information and uses it to respond to customer requests for information.
- Uses the RSVPs to create documents needed for each event ie. name tags, seating assignments, check-in lists, etc.
- Keeps event registration records up to date and communicates it to Alumni and Development staff. Post event, reviews information gathered during the RSVP process and provides a final list of attendees to staff and updates coding in Raisers Edge.
- Works events and will assist staff with advance planning, set up, event production, and tear down of events. Events vary in scope and scale.Includes high profile events, on and off campus events including dinners, receptions, meetings, performances, lectures and social events.
- Provides any updates to Alumni information to Records Department so they can update Banner data.
- Assists in keeping event inventory maintained and organized.
- Accuracy is paramount.
- Capable in using: Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Capable of using Raisers Edge with training we will provide.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service abilities and interests.
- Excellent communication skills including written, personal and phone.
- Ability to accept responsibility with an entrepreneurial commitment is a must.
- Willingness and comfort in occasionally working under pressure.
- Requires discretion in working with sensitive information.
For more information and to apply contact:
Joy Giudicessi, Manager of Special Programs
2507 University Ave
Des Moines, IA 50311-4505
Office: (515) 271-2769
Fax: (515) 271-4847