Title: Marketing and Communications Intern
Type: Part Time (15-25 hours/week)
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Manager
Primary Companies Supported: Wright Service Corp., Wright Tree Service, Wright Tree Service of the West, CN Utility Consulting, Terra Spectrum Technologies
- Assist with planning and coordination of annual awards banquet, regional and national conferences and tradeshows, client appreciation events, management meetings, employee training, and other events and initiatives.
- Assist with organization of corporate office social, volunteer, and wellness events together with other marketing and communications staff and employee volunteers.
- Research and distribute relevant public information about companies, competitors, and markets.
- Develop and/or coordinate content, including copy, functionality, photo and video, for websites, newsletters, collateral, bids and reports, direct mail, social media, and other marketing and communications deliverables for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate graphic design of ads, newsletters, websites, collateral, direct mail, and other marketing and communications deliverables to ensure strategic and consistent branding and messaging.
- Serve as a resource and editor for other employees’ communications.
- Maintain internal documents, including website analytics, market opportunity database, customer lists, organization charts, library of industry and company publications, etc.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or other related field.
- Solid written and oral communication skills; creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Willingness and ability to learn about the contract-based utility vegetation management industry in which our companies operate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; willingness and ability to learn other programs as necessary; familiarity with WordPress, photography and Adobe design programs a plus.
- Strong references.
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly wage will be commensurate with education level, relative experience, and other attributes.
Email cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to Marketing and Communications Supervisor Sara Harpenau at email@example.com. Please note pre-employment drug screening is required and background checks may be conducted.