The Vice-President will create and manage media relations and communications strategies to proactively position Broadlawns Medical Center as a high quality, value-driven organization through hospital communications and external relations. The successful candidate will be responsible for translating organizational vision into fully integrated media and public relations campaigns, and developing and implementing communications efforts that support these campaigns. As a strategic thinker, the Vice-President will proactively identify opportunities to utilize and develop the organization’s communication capabilities to advance Broadlawns Medical Center’s business interests and reputation in the market place. The individual will be a part of and work collaboratively wit h the senior management team to develop strategies that support business development and brand position objectives in the local market.
- Acts as a point person with media on issues/crisis communications for the hospital. Anticipates and articulates public relations response.
- Develops annual strategic public relations plan to address internal and external hospital strategies, and strategies for expansion of services and service areas.
- Develop story ideas to be promoted to media. Meet regularly with department directors and physicians and keep abreast of new and improved services and technologies as well as new physicians and their expertise in order to identify promotional opportunities.
- Develop and monitor departmental operating budget in coordination with marketing plan and overall hospital objectives. Ensure that department operates within allocated funds based on budget and revenues.
- Represents organization on community agency committees as appropriate.
- Writes, edits and coordinates organization communications, publications, and announcements.
- Completes all aspects of marketing including the development of creating design, and website and social media sites management
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline
- 7+ years Marketing, Business Development and/or Public Relations experience
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the healthcare environment
- Media relations experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing marketing plans and promotional materials.
- Successful experience marketing via multiple social media sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office and graphic software programs