|Responsible for assisting the Writer/Public Relations Specialist in coordinating and completing internal and external public relations and communication activities.
1. Contribute written content for communications materials, including Web sites, newsletters, marketing materials, internal communications, public relations, social media and more.
2. Assist the production of organizational publications for external audiences, including parent and physician newsletters.
3. Assist in planning, coordinating, and promoting events aimed at providing ChildServe exposure within the community.
4. Generate newsworthy ideas for newspaper articles and other media coverage.
5. Identify opportunities for feature story profiles; coordinate with families and staff to conduct interviews and information to accurately tell each family’s story.
6. Support ChildServe at community events and functions
7. Assist in the development and ensure the implementation of the organization’s communications strategy and processes.
8. Write and produce email-based newsletters for partners, staff, families and referral sources.
9. Coordinate and contribute to external print publications and ensure timely completion.
10. Support ChildServe’s social media presence by providing regular content and engaging others with online.
1. Produce written content and manage the production of The Communicator – ChildServe’s staff member newsletter.
2. Support the planning, coordination, and promotion of internal events, and produce communication materials to support such events.
1. Assist in the collection of ChildServe photo/video release authorizations and maintain the database records.
2. Complete administrative work as needed, including organizing mailings, filing, and general office duties.
1. Demonstrate practices consistent with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
2. Demonstrate effective conflict resolution, team building and positive communication skills when interacting with others.
3. Others duties as assigned.
1. Junior or Senior-level college student majoring in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, English or other related field.
2. Exceptional writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word.
4. Must have basic knowledge of PC software systems, including Microsoft Word.
5. Preferred knowledge of Adobe Photoshop but not required.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with enthusiasm and creativity
7. Consistent attention to detail and production of accurate work.
8. Ability to work well in a team environment and be a self-starter who can perform under pressure.
Erin Hurley Smith
Director of Marketing & Communications
5406 Merle Hay Road
P.O. Box 707
Johnston, IA 50131