NextGen Climate Iowa is taking applications for a hard-working, energetic communications intern to help us make climate change a significant part of the electoral conversation as we head toward the Nov. 4 general election.
The ideal candidate will be a communications or journalism student located in Des Moines and available to work at least 10 hours per week.
Specific tasks will include:
– media monitoring and reporting: collecting a daily list of news stories from Iowa media outlets that are relevant to our work
– clip tracking and reporting: finding and distributing all the stories that result from our work with the media
– creative idea generation: helping the Iowa Press Secretary come up with interesting news angles and ways to tell our story in the media
– proofreading/copy editing: being a second set of eyes on all our written communications
– issues research as needed
There may also be opportunities to draft releases, reach out to media, help facilitate media interviews and prep/media train surrogates and interview subjects.
For more information and to apply contact:
Des Moines Field Organizer
NextGen Climate Action