Mills Marketing is looking for someone with expertise in graphic design and an understanding of marketing concepts to join our team. This team member will execute assigned projects, including but not limited to: conception, graphic design, layout, typography, illustration/photography (direction, selection, purchasing, and/or creation), specifications for estimates, print preparation and production.
Projects typically include, but are not limited to: ads (print, web, outdoor, etc.), brochures, stuffers, direct mail, folders, annual reports, logo designs, corporate communication and identity systems, merchandising (posters, banners, point-‐of-‐purchase, etc.), web page graphic design, and storyboards.
The qualified candidate will …
- have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, across all organizational levels
- have a general understanding of the financial services industry
- be responsible to for quality and accuracy of assigned projects.
- organize and manage assigned projects (includes documentation of specifications, routing/filing, and recording billable time
- for assigned projects).
- meet assigned project deadlines and notify traffic manager in advance if a deadline cannot be met.
- contact and follow up with vendors regarding specifications, estimate requests, and production schedules of assigned projects.
- work with account executives and/or copywriters in developing creative strategies and plans and implement all creative requirements as assigned.
- participate in art/staff production meetings and creative/brainstorming sessions.
- assist in maintaining image, document, project, vendor, and sample files (electronic and paper) relating to assigned projects.
- stay up-‐to-‐date with graphic trends and computer applications. Continually review design and computer hardware/software resources and make recommendations
- be an intricate part of the agency’s long-‐term growth and success by continually finding ways to improve the agency’s services, processes and strategic position.
BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience
Location: Des Moines, IA or Storm Lake, IA
Salary Range: Based on experience and skill set