Drake University’s Office of Community Engagement and Service-Learning is looking to hire a student for the 2014-2015 school year to be the community events coordinator.
This position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is passionate about event planning, community involvement, outreach and public relations.
For more information about the position, contact Renee Sedlacek, email@example.com
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication (writing sample will be requested)
- Ability to lead and delegate tasks
- Previous service opportunities and/or community engagement work
- Work alongside Assistant Director, Community Engagement on:
- Organizing, preparing and setting up Drake display materials at various community events
- Staffing Drake’s booth at various community events (see known dates below)
- Communicating with event coordinators and staff
- Recruiting additional volunteer workers for community events
- Processing community contact cards after events and distributing to appropriate contacts on campus
- Distributing Community Events Passes upon request
- Supporting logistics for various community service projects, i.e. United Way Campaign, Holiday Food Basket, Halloween Hoops, Habitat Rock the Block, etc
- Known Events
- Sept 13th-Forest Ave Fall Festival (11am-3pm)
- Sept 28th-DsMOVE (12pm-4pm)
- Oct 4th– NOAMI Walk- (8:30am-11am)
- Halloween Hoops (TBD, 6:30-8:30pm around Oct 28th)
- Holly Jolly Lights (TBD)
- Holiday Food Box (Drop off Nov 17th and Pick up Dec 9th)
- United Way Campaign
- Principal Charity Classic
- Des Moines Arts Festival
- Jazz in July
- Iowa State Fair
Expectations: 6-10 hours a week (paid $8.25-9.00/hr depending on experience) academic year 2014-2015 September through May with possible summer employment.
To apply, please submit a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 4th. Interviews will be conducted the week of Sept 8th.