CBS4 News in the Quad Cities is looking for an eMedia Manager.
The eMedia Manager directly oversees the daily operations of the station’s internet advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize website revenue. The eMedia Manager also assists in hiring, training and developing Account Executives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in eMedia and new product revenue.
• Drives new business development.
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
• Assists in preparing budgets and approving budget expenditures.
• Manages Accounts Receivable for eMedia advertising.
• Calls on accounts with Account Executives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Minimum three years’ experience in sales, preferably in the eMedia field.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The eMedia Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors. The eMedia Manager directly oversees the daily operations of the station’s internet advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize website revenue. The eMedia Manager also assists in hiring, training and developing Account Executives.