DuPont Pioneer has an opening for a BU Communications Coordinator. This role will be a contributing member of the on the BU marketing team that consists of the Operational Marketing Managers, Senior Marketing Analyst, and the Soybean Services Manager. Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, the BU CC writes and executes the communications plan that complements each Commercial Unit’s strategy to promote Pioneer Brand Products and positively influence grower buying decisions. Also works with OMM’s to manage communications budget and writes,edit, and oversee production and timely delivery of sales communications materials including product information, advertising and public relations.
Duties and responsiblities include:
Serve as integral part of BU team
- Foster customer intimacy by understanding the customer and bring integrated communication solutions of value.
- Gather input and analyze market conditions by working closely with the Marketing Manager, OMM, CU Leads, and field staff. Provide feedback and compare needs/integrate with the North America communications strategies.
- Interpret and apply market research for strategic planning and execution. Develop and implement a communications plan that outlines the most effective and efficient usage of communications tools and delivery platforms that complements the marketing communications plan. Work closely with Marketing Manager to leverage/incorporate projects/tactics/strategies across the BU and NA.
- Understand the basic principles of marketing commodity grains, value-added grain production systems and crop protection products that are unique to that geographic area and leverage those when opportunities exist.
Write and edit print and electronic collateral material
- Write and edit BU-specific technical product information to support BU efforts – including single page product descriptions for FIS, product catalogs, and agronomy and nutrition newsletters.
- Adapt BU-specific promotional information that is in concert with North American marketing strategies – including direct-mail collateral, regional publication advertising and point-of-purchase materials.
- Monitor and be familiar with product characteristics that are applicable or have economic consequences to customers and incorporate those standards into all literature.
- Serve as BU liaison for proper use and monitoring of all trademark issues, including third party agreements, legal guidelines, company advertising standards, marketing philosophies and product marketing guidelines.
Apply communications resources to emerging and changing business strategies
- Apply a forward-thinking, proactive discipline toward the development of communications strategies and tactics.
- Possess a solid knowledge base of all communications mediums – both current and emerging – includes media advertising (print and electronic).
- Provide BU direction with Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
Bachelors Degree in the field of advertising, public relations, or journalism or equivalent experience.
Five or more years with Pioneer, a communications agency or other professional experience, performing similar work with an emphasis on excellent writing skills and strategic planning.
Additional knowledge, abilities and skills required by this position:
· Knowledge of commodity grain production and marketing, crop protection chemistry, and grain production systems preferred.
· High degree of knowledge of information delivery platforms, including print media advertising and electronic (Internet-type) connections.
· Ability to analyze and compare different media alternatives.
· Must have the ability to make sound, thoughtful judgments on the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of communications alternatives.
· Must be a team player, yet have the ability to think and work independently.
· Ability to negotiate effectively with regional area teams and other departments within the company.