Position Summary: Hourly, 30-40 hours / week
The Public Relations Intern will assist in all aspects of public relations.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
* Develop and distribute internal communications
* Assist in event planning and media relations
* Assist in the development of a variety of communication strategies and tactics including social media, website content, press releases and newsletters.
* Excellent writing skills appropriate for public relations
* Must be a junior or senior in fall 2014
* Majoring in Public Relations or Marketing
* Detail Oriented
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Access, Excel and Outlook a must)
* Team oriented
* Reports to Human Resource Manager but will work closely with HR Assistant, and may work with Company Officers
* This position is not a supervisory position
Hours & Pay Scale:
* 7:00am – 3:30pm
* $12 per hour
* Casual office attire
For more information on this job or to learn how to apply please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> or call Murphy Tower, in Carlisle, Iowa, at (515) 989-9225.