Public Relations/Communications Intern
The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau is looking for a PR/Communications Intern. This individual will be part of a dynamic marketing team and have the opportunity to be involved with virtually all aspects of our marketing efforts. Opportunity is available for Summer 2014.
- Develop an understanding of the tourism industry and how it relates to the components of Marketing, Communications, Sales and Servicing and Sports events
- Receive college credit (when applicable, as determined by your school)
- Be part of some of Greater Des Moines’ biggest, most successful events – the AAU Junior Olympic Games (July – August) and the National Junior High Finals Rodeo (June)
- Receive a monthly stipend payment
Duties and tasks: (list is not inclusive)
- Receives assignment from supervisor. Gathers and fact checks information for media as needed.
- Assists with media requests for photos, video, interviews, equipment, permits, city information and all other requests as they arise; records and keeps CRM files up-to-date for tracking purposes.
- Potentially works on site as needed to check credentials, answer additional media questions, provide city information, and provide information/updates back to VP of Marketing and Development and Marketing Specialist.
- Assists with finding story ideas and content for pitching to media; writes press releases as directed.
- Answers phone calls, emails and other questions from media as directed by supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in helping the Marketing Department and being a part of the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau team, please send your resume to:
Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau
400 Locust, Suite 265
Des Moines, IA 50309