(Note: The deadline for this internship has been extended to April 15.)
Title: Marketing and Communications Intern
Type: Part Time
Schedule: Negotiable, 15-25 hours/week
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Supervisor
- Develop content, including copy, functionality, photo and video, for website, newsletter, direct mail, social media, and other marketing and communications deliverables.
- Coordinate graphic design of ads, newsletters, websites, displays, direct mail, and other marketing and communications deliverables to ensure consistent brand and messaging.
- Plan local promotional and client appreciation events and employee functions.
- Research and distribute relevant public information about Wright Outdoor Solutions, The Growing Concern, competitors, and markets.
- Coordinate donations and sponsorships, leveraging opportunities for greatest impact. Maintain related records, and process payment and other transactions.
- Serve as a resource and editor for employees’ and departments’ communications.
- Create and maintain internal documents, including marketing calendar, social media editorial calendar, lead and website analytics, customer lists, media contacts, etc.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or other related field.
- Solid written and oral communication skills; creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; willingness and ability to learn other programs as necessary; familiarity with video editing, WordPress, photography and Adobe design software a plus.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong references.
Hourly rate will be commensurate with education level, relative experience, and other attributes.
Please email cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Marketing and Communications Supervisor Sara Harpenau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note pre-employment drug screening is required and background checks may be conducted.