The Strategic Communications & Marketing Assistant assists with Iowa Medical Society (IMS) strategic communications and marketing initiatives as directed by the Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing with primary focus on crafting integrated marketing and communications plans for events and initiatives. Writes, edits and publishes print and web-based materials, and conducts market research.
· University student (graduate or undergraduate [junior or senior]).
· Background in any of the following, but not limited to: journalism or mass communications, international relations or business, English, political science, marketing, or healthcare policy.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and predominant social media platforms.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as part of a team.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, set and meet deadlines and maintain accurate records.
SCHEDULE | PAY
Part-time, flexible hours to work around class schedule. Must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week. $12.00 – $15.00 hour. Free parking.
IMS is an Equal Opportunity employer. Send resume and cover letter to:
Director, Strategic Communications & Marketing
Iowa Medical Society
1001 Grand Avenue
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Phone: 515-223-1401, extension 242