CBS4 News in the Quad Cities is looking for a Master Control Operator.
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of the television station through airing programming and scheduled station breaks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Updates and maintains signal control systems.
- Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
- Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it.
- Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system.
- Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted.
- Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made, and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Ensures the station’s compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with digital transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Two year college degree. Minimum three years’ experience with digital electronics.
To Apply Go To: http://nexstar.hirecentric.com/jobs/58121-13053.html