|At Wellmark we strive to offer meaningful work that assists in your professional development and provides value to the team; as an Intern for Corporate and Marketing Communications you will develop hands-on marketing communications experience within a corporate environment and will learn about the process to develop, gain approvals for, and execute communications in a regulatory environment. You will gain materials to build your portfolio of work for print and online communications.
This internship will support NEW projects and consumer education initiatives in preparation for 2014 Open Enrollment Period for the Individual and Family Plan segment and 2014 Annual Enrollment Period for the Medicare segment.
This internship will start in May of 2014.
|Hiring Specifications Required:|
|To be considered you will be a Senior in a college Journalism/Integrated Marketing Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field
|1. Medicare Communications – Provide copy writing and project management support for the NEW low-cost PDP and Medicare Advantage product promotions (attend meetings with Communications Consultant, help with new collateral and Web content development, sales bulletins and BBOs, design and CRF administration).
2. Consumer Education – Provide copy writing and project management support for execution of the 2014 Consumer Education strategy which will include collateral and Web content updates for myWellmark, What Matters, Wellmark.com, the Wellmark App and other digital properties.
3. Assist with the production of a broad range of communication solutions that support the Individual Under-65 and Over-65 segment marketing and consumer education goals.
4. Perform the timely coordination, support and delivery of assigned communication projects using the established MarComm process and project management system.
5. Support Segment Communications Consultant with new product launches for the Medicare segment by attending key strategy meetings, updating marketing materials, gaining legislative approvals and promoting product details through established communication channels. Strict adherence to deadlines and regulatory guidelines is critical to this process.
6. Support Segment Communications Manager with execution of consumer education strategy by attending key strategy meetings, updating marketing materials and web content to help consumers understand how health insurance works.