Simpson College is seeking a creative, motivated, innovative and fun individual to join the Office of Marketing and Public Relations as its Digital Content Specialist. As a member of the team, this person would help build Simpson’s brand identity and awareness through the creation of digital content in the form of video production, content management for all social media platforms, web site support and photography assignments.
This person will interact with many individuals on campus including students, faculty, staff and administration, as well as occasional off-campus projects with alumni, adult students and other friends of the college. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are critical.
Additionally, the position will oversee and manage student interns assigned to help create digital content for the college.
The successful candidate will possess excellent video and editing abilities and be proficient in web site content development – experience with WordPress is a bonus.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism, and 2-5 years relevant experience.
- Shoot, edit and produce video content for broadcast and online use
- Use latest technology trends to help evolve Simpson’s digital presence
- Develop and manage Simpson’s social media strategy
- Create a content strategy to ensure all content across the website is consistent and concise
- Track and analyze online metrics using Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and YouTube Analytics
- Meet with website stakeholders across campus on a regular basis to share best practices and analytics
- Manage Simpson’s online image with Google Maps and Google Places as well as other search engines.
- Assist with training sessions and troubleshooting problems for website administrators
- Oversee a team of student content developers
- Maintain the college campus events calendar
- Shoot and edit digital photography for online and print use
- Manage library of digital assets
- Video Production
- Social Media
- Digital Photography
- After Effects
- Final Cut Pro
- Social Media including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
Please submit your resume, a one-page cover letter, and appropriate links to your digital portfolio by Friday, November 29 to Mimi Bartley, Director of Human Resources, 701 North C St., Indianola, IA 50125, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simpson College does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to help constitute a diverse community. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups. You will find the entire EOE statement at: http://simpson.edu/employment-opportunities/. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.