Are you someone who loves thinking about what makes certain ads work better than others? Do you think there is possibility for advertising to be something interesting and exciting (and not just annoying)? Are you a brand / pop culture junkie?
…Then we want you!
Please send cover letter, resume, and one example of work that you are proud of and enjoyed doing (e.g. research paper, project, presentation, etc.) to email@example.com, and include job title (“Research Analyst”) in the subject line.
Latitude, a forward-thinking research firm located outside of Boston, is searching for a research analyst who has 2-3 years of relevant quantitative media research/consumer insights experience, to help the company design and execute custom studies for media and technology clients, as well as contribute to Latitude’s new product development and business expansion.
The right candidate will possess:
- Some experience and strong interest in advertising/media research.
- A strong quantitative background, ideally 2-3 years of work experience
- A combination of creativity, inquisitiveness, strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically about our clients’ needs.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with a knack for articulating complex ideas in ways that are clear, concise, and easy for a general audience to understand.
This position offers many opportunities for growth and professional development and is ideal for a candidate who is hoping to build his or her resume in a vibrant, cutting-edge company with an impressive client list in communications and technology (Viacom, NBC Universal, AETN, ESPN, Scripps, About.com, BBC, etc.), as well as a growing body of creative, non-client research on future media and technology topics.
Our Analyst’s core areas of responsibility will be:
- Collaboratively developing study designs and working assigned projects across their entire lifecycles –from study proposals and study design through reporting and client presentation.
- Analyzing and interpreting research findings about our clients’ audiences, subscribers, users, and prospects.
- Working closely with Latitude’s content team on non-client research as needed (e.g., consulting on study methodology, writing and editing surveys, helping with data cleaning, data management, and reporting, etc.)
- Other project-related tasks as assigned, including conducting background research, coordinating fieldwork, programming surveys, and communicating directly with study participants and clients.
If interested, our Analyst will also have the opportunity to:
- Help our Innovations Team develop new research approaches using a variety of online technologies and tools – thus contributing to the design and application of proprietary new research software.
- Contribute to Latitude’s business development and marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- A four-year degree
- Experience with statistical analysis, SPSS or similar statistical analysis software packages, and data management.
- High level of competency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- An interest in design, data visualization, and content creation.
- A deep understanding of the web and a passion for new web technologies and applications.
- An interest in new technologies, media/entertainment, and related trends.
- An interest in or experience with qualitative research (focus groups, in-person and phone interviewing, etc.) is desirable but not required.
Salary, title, and level of responsibility commensurate with experience and qualifications. We are open to further developing this position around the right candidate’s skills and experience.
Latitude is an international research consultancy dedicated to helping clients envision and create the future through web-based innovation. We are a vibrant, innovative company with an impressive client list (Viacom, NBC Universal, AETN, ESPN, Scripps, About.com, BBC, etc.) and the desire and willingness to take chances and move in interesting new directions in the digital landscape, with an eye toward positive social outcomes.
We encourage creativity and initiative – and value intelligence over convention. Our egalitarian atmosphere balances employee autonomy with team collaboration. Positions at Latitude offer and encourage work-related travel and substantial professional growth, and the opportunity to work with and help develop the leading ideas and emerging technologies of our day.
Note: Candidates who submit incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org