Lucas Group is actively seeking a Strategic Marketing/Proposals Writer (Manager) who can hit the ground running with our client. They are a leading provider of specialized contracting services. The Manager is under the Director of Strategic Marketing and Proposals, and will be responsible for:
- Development and production of assigned technical proposals and presentations, which may include:
- Working with technical operations team to establish schedule and content requirements for proposal
- Providing guidance and encouraging intercompany teamwork and critical thought regarding the client’s value and competitive advantages specific to proposal opportunity
- Writing content such as executive summaries, qualifications, etc.
- Compiling materials to ensure requirements are met
- Proofreading and editing proposal text written by project team and technical experts
- Formatting documents according to corporate standards
- Coordinating final production, including shipping or electronic submittal as required
- Development of assigned technical qualifications, which many include:
- Working with technical operations team to develop, update and maintain capability and experience content.
- Writing text such as introduction, qualifications, etc., focusing on client’s value and competitive advantages specific to the market or submarket.
- Proofreading and editing text written by project team and technical experts.
- Maintaining qualifications documents on company SharePoint site.
- Client Project & Resume Database
- Data entry, requiring some qualitative decision making
- Research and writing for new entries
- Support of sales and business development team for client and all operating units.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
- Three to five years of experience in professional services (engineering, construction or in a similar technical/marketing environment)
- Direct experience with technical proposal and qualifications writing and strong research capabilities preferred.
- Ability to understand and communicate both technical and strategic messages.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are critical. Requires excellent command of English grammar, spelling and composition, as well as oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines while ensuring high quality submittals.
- Computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel are required. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PhotoShop/Illustrator and other software programs preferred. Experience with MS Access database development a plus.
Executive Search Consultant, Marketing Division