Overview: Creative self-starter needed to follow editorial calendar in crafting creative posts for clients on multiple platforms. This is a paid position with compensation to be discussed upon hiring. Successful candidate may work remotely with required weekly video conference. Position requires 7-12 hours weekly Nov. 1, 2013-May 15, 2014.
- Follows editorial calendar to create and post targeted SMM content
- Works with supervisor to understand editorial calendar and review posts
- May work with clients to gather information for posts
- Uses Photoshop to manage and edit photos for posts, and/or to create images (such as memes)
- Obtains approval before posting social media content
- Ensures post quota is met and quality is maintained by communicating with supervisor and/or client
- Tracks numbers and content of posts
- Maintains knowledge by following clients’ peers on social media
- Stays informed about changing rules on existing social media networks, and about up-and-coming networks
- Junior or senior-level college student majoring in journalism, English, marketing, communications, or other related field.
- Experience with major social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Youtube
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow direction
- Experience working with a team to complete a project
- A critical eye
- Strong research skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Good time management skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Strong writing samples
- Good people skills
Email resume, cover letter, and letter of recommendation to email@example.com.