• Assist Communications Director with various activities including preparing
promotional materials or marketing campaigns, preparing news releases, marketing
reports and research activities.
• Assist with social media such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Update and maintain
posting schedule using Hootsuite.
• Assist with coordinating information and news for the SOIA Website.
• Assist in securing corporate sponsorships
• Provide support for Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunges.
• Assist with fundraising events and donor stewardship
• Additional assistance with general office correspondence, mailings, etc.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Student in the field of communications, journalism or public relations. The student must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be detail-oriented and have good computer skills. Strong social media experience a plus.
This non-paid internship offers outstanding opportunities to build a portfolio and resume in addition to solid career experience. Special Olympics Iowa will work with the intern to develop a schedule that works with their classes and/or employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to SOIA Director of Communications Joyce Allard at email@example.com. Position remains open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply in a timely manner to ideally begin internship in September.
For additional information, call SlS-986-5520 ext. 109. Learn more about Special
Olympics Iowa at http://www.soiowa.org. on Facebook or Twitter.