The National Pork Board seeks a dynamic person for the open position of Manager, Producer and State Communications.
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Communications, this communications role will develop and coordinate communications projects in support of the organization’s pork producers and affiliated state organizations.
This position may require up to 25 percent domestic travel in order to meet producer and state agency communications needs. A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
The National Pork Board has responsibility for checkoff-fund research, promotion and consumer information projects and for communicating with pork producers and the public. The Pork Checkoff funds national and state programs in advertising, consumer information, retail and food service marketing, export market promotion, production improvement, technology, swine health, pork safety and environmental management. Applicants should be able to support the mission of the organization with enthusiasm to serve U.S. pork producers.
Qualified candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements by Aug. 15, 2013 to: HR@pork.org. No phone calls please.
Desired Skills and Experience include:
- Three-to-five years of professional communications experience (including internships). Experience in agricultural communications or a farm background will be helpful.
- Demonstrable writing and editing ability, plus social media and video production skills (writing and project supervision).
- Media relations experience and an interest in issues management.
- Exceptional personal communication skills and an ability to develop positive working relationships with agricultural trade and regional media.
- Desktop and internet publishing experience; familiarity with print-publication online and broadcast writing, plus basic photography skills.
- Interest in agricultural program support and development.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, agricultural communications, education, and/or agricultural science is required.
- Agriculture and/or trade association experience is strongly recommended.