The Writer/Assistant Editor I is responsible for researching and writing clear, tight, engaging, and effective copy for a variety of publications and communication vehicles including magazines, newsletters, websites, social media, marketing materials, internal communications, and more. This person is also responsible for helping to manage digital and social media marketing campaigns. In addition, this person is responsible for generating and pitching story ideas as part of Lexicon’s creative team.
The person we’re looking for will have: at least one year of professional writing experience—preferably with magazine editorial and marketing copywriting experience in a variety of content areas; a bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university; and the proven ability to:
- Research story topics
- Identify and interview relevant sources
- Write clean, clear, engaging copy that is well-organized and free of grammatical, punctuation, and language-usage errors
- Generate and pitch story ideas
- Contribute to a creative team of writers, editors, and graphic designers
- Work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
- Meet tight deadlines
Please send a letter of application, your resume, list of references, PDFs of your work or a link to your website, salary history, and compensation requirements to Catherine Staub, Lexicon, email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone inquiries.
Application deadline: Wednesday, July 10