The Science Center of Iowa & Blank IMAX Dome Theater (SCI) is looking for a passionate and driven Marketing & Graphic Design Intern for Summer 2013. This internship will work with SCI’s Marketing & Communications Coordinator and Graphic Design & Brand Manager.
This unpaid internship will assist in design projects used to communicate SCI programming and events. Projects may include:
- Update community calendars
- Assist in the creative copy and design of marketing projects including postcards, rack cards, posters, fliers and other print collateral as well as some web design projects
- Assist in the execution of marketing and promotions special events collateral
- Responsible for one medium scale exhibit design update project
Internship will be held from June 3 through August 30, 2013. (Flexibility based on school schedule.)
Monday – Friday; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (20 hours per week)
Must be available some nights and weekends
- Must be a junior or senior enrolled in a college or university majoring in graphic design, communication with visual design specialty or other major with strong design/web design experience and coursework.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Web experience is helpful.
- Attentive to detail
- Flexible and capable of working on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Comfortable working on a team
- Organized and manages time well
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Christina Zink, Director of Communications & Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2013.