The Principal Financial Group is currently seeking Communication Interns on our Retirement and Investor Services Communications/Marketing team!
Are you looking for an opportunity to put what you are learning in college to practice?
Are you looking for internship experience with a top firm where flexibility, fun, and collaboration are a daily dose of the environment and corporate culture?
If you answered yes to the above questions, check out a Retirement and Investor Services Communications/Marketing internship.
The Principal Financial Group is currently seeking interns to join the Retirement Marketing Communications team in our Des Moines, IA corporate headquarters as part of our Valued Intern at The Principal (VIP) Program.
As a Valued Intern at The Principal (VIP), we have a focus on both professional and personal development. During your experience you may have the opportunity to meet and hear from some of our executive leaders, learn about various departments and career paths, and even have the opportunity to compete for a scholarship!
This is an outstanding opportunity for students majoring in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or Communications to join a Fortune 500 company this summer. As an intern, you would be involved in the creation, distribution and measurement of various print and digital marketing-communication materials.
During this internship you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work that impacts our bottom line.
· Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (eg: Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, etc).
· Students must have completed intermediate coursework towards their major discipline.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, creativity, project management skills, and ability to work well in a team and independently.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
· Ability to interact with and communicate concepts to a varied audience including peers as well as sr leaders within the organization.
· Previous internship and/or work-related experience in the communications/marketing field.
· Strong academic performance proven by academic excellence awards and recognition (examples would include Deans List, Honor Society, etc.).
· Leadership demonstrated through employment experiences or formal positions in student organizations (including but not limited to PRSSA, AMA, and advertising related organizations/associations).
· Exposure to social media, communications plans, project management, and general marketing concepts.
· This position is for a summer internship with the expectation of working 40 hours a week. With proven performance there is the potential possibility of continuing part-time in this capacity following the conclusion of the summer internship.
· This position is intended to groom potential applicants for full-time roles at The Principal. These positions are not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization, therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Please apply online at http://www.principal.com/careers for requisition # 214706
Direct link to position: https://secure05.principal.com/hr/recruiting/ext/jobDetailLink.faces?seqid=1&jid=214706