The Global Horizons Public Relations Associate will create and assist with all forms of traditional and social media and communication promotion for the launch of our first book, The Be WUCA! Way, The ART of getting along, and associated engagements for public bodies or services to businesses and voluntary organizations.
The goal of this position is to promote that a Be WUCA! attitude positively affects personal, organizational, and workplace environments. This person will communicate key messages to defined target audiences in order to promote book sales, schedule speaking engagements, book workshops, and establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between Global Horizons and the public.
This PR Associate will create, initiate, and monitor publicity that will promote Global Horizons to current and potential customers. This person will work to understand the attitudes and concerns of consumers in family, community, organizational, and public interest groups, establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with them and their representatives.
This upbeat, positive person will:
• work independently, utilizing technology to communicate with our team to support all marketing efforts;
• research, plan, develop, and implement materials and PR strategies for the release and launch of The Be WUCA! Way, The ART of getting along.
• identify and analyze media coverage to identify best markets for book and company promotion;
• schedule and organize all events including workshops, seminars, keynotes, press conferences, exhibitions, and press tours;
• identify, schedule, and foster relationships with organizations that need speakers, educational workshops, and manage all speaking opportunities;
• build, maintain, and manage the Be WUCA! reputation and brand of Global Horizons, LLC.
The position is non-paid to start with the opportunity to move into a commissioned contract position after an initial performance evaluation of 60 days.
This associate will work 15 – 20 hours per week independently and remotely apart from Global Horizons’ home-based office setting in Atlantic, Iowa.
This announcement will remain open until filled. The chosen person should be able to start immediately upon hire.