Do you see yourself managing volunteers, coordinating projects in the community and doing hands-on work with small and large home repair projects? Our team at Rebuilding Together Greater Des Moines is looking for an ambitious individual to take our CapacityCorps member position this August. Here are some of our expectations for our future CapacityCorps member:
· Organize different home repair projects for low-income homeowners unable to afford the repairs themselves.
· Help manage our signature, annual Rebuilding Day project (typically over 700 volunteers and repairing over 30 homes in one day)!
· Take ownership of our Community Leadership Program: get individuals signed up for classes, remind students of classes through phone or email, spearhead different marketing approaches to build the program.
· Recruit different organizations to volunteer with us: churches, businesses, schools, etc.
· Build upon our new veteran program
· Collect and analyze applicant demographic data
· Work closely with neighborhood associations to engage them and make them more effective
Serving your time with Rebuilding Together will expand your knowledge and experience in many different areas. As the Community Outreach Liaison, we are looking for someone who is outgoing, flexible and ready to make a difference in our city. Our mission is to give homeowners a safe and healthy place to live, while revitalizing our neighborhoods. If you are interested in helping carry our organization forward, apply here. The position is an 11-month commitment from August 4 to July 4. You’ll have training in Washington DC, a MLK week trip to a different city and the opportunity to engage with other CapacityCorps members across the nation.
Questions? Email Beth at email@example.com
Apply online: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=38616&fromSearch=true