Are you interested in radio, television, sports or all of the above? Then apply to be a part of Drake Broadcasting System’s Executive Board! All Drake majors are welcome to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position you are applying for to the 2013-2014’s DBS President, Grace Wenzel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. From there, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
Applications are by due Saturday, April 13 at midnight.
Here are the positions we are looking to fill:
- Producer: in charge of organizing and assigning crews to report on small news packages that impact the students at Drake
- Video Coordinator: in charge of organizing editors and putting the packages on the web and social media outlets
For KDRA 94.1 “The Dog”:
- Program Director: responsible for adding content weekly for the station to use, from Top 40 to specialty music for holidays. Updates the various social media accounts for the station. The 94.1 Management Board will be interviewing candidates Friday, April 12. For more information and to request and operations manual, please contact Professor Lytle at email@example.com.
- Operations Director (formerly Jock Manager): oversees all other DJ’s and their scheduling
For DBS Sports:
- Sports Director: coordinates all sports broadcasts on 94.1 “The Dog”. Responsible for hiring board operators and commentators for Des Moines Roosevelt High School Football games, Drake Football games, Drake Men’s & Women’s Basketball games and The Drake Relays
- Web/Digital Coordinator: responsible for maintaining our website http://www.drakebroadcasting.com and helping DogTUBE’s Video Coordinator and Producer along with KDRA’s radio staff in organizing and utilizing the web and social media
- Marketing Coordinator: organizes our marketing needs and making sure the brand is well-known on campus
- Promotions Coordinator: works with Sports’ staff and KDRA’s staff to produce promos for their use