The Des Moines Symphony seeks a Summer 2013 Marketing & Public Relations Intern. Duties include and are not limited to:
- Organizing the Orchestra’s annual “Oh Say, Can You Sing?” competition
- Assisting with day-of and logistical details for the Des Moines Symphony’s 20th Annual Yankee Doodle Pops
- Organizing food vendors for the Des Moines Symphony’s Yankee Doodle Pops
- Assisting with Orchestra’s 2013-2014 social media campaign
- Assisting with Orchestra’s 2013-2014 season promotional and renewal campaign
- Planning events for the third annual Des Moines Symphony Week
This is an unpaid position. Intern must be available for 10-15 hours for at least ten weeks in the summer, beginning June 1. Strong written and verbal communications skills and an interest in classical music are required. Musicians with marketing and/or communications backgrounds preferred. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sophia S. Ahmad, firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 29.