Pet parents make the decisions about what is best for their pets. At Merrick Natural Petworks, Inc., our job is to know what motivates and inspires them. We put pet parents at the center of everything we do.
We’re looking for a community manager to oversee our online communities and social media channels for both Merrick Pet Care and Castor & Pollux Natural Petworks.
- Interacting with two of the most passionate and engaged pet parent communities on the planet
- Writing Facebook and Twitter posts and sharing your insights on Community Management
- Joining in on dozens of awesome conversations every day
- Preparing website updates and tackling ongoing maintenance
- Building on our capabilities and resources through networking, continual learning
- Eating waffles on Wednesdays and French fries on Friday
- Keeping key internal audiences up to date on insights, opportunities and potential programs and tools to evolve our business and social media impact
- Developing targeted strategies to increase engagement and interaction
- Successfully resolving issues
- Learning more about our pet parents and their pooches and felines than ever thought imaginable
- Measuring, analyzing and measuring some more all things to build better social media engagement
- Putting together nifty reports that get read and acted upon
And oh so much more…
- Keen understanding of social media and community management and 2-3 years experience in public relations either client-side or PR agency; experience in the pet industry will make us bark.
- Demonstrated results with program development and project management from beginning to end.
- Strong writing and editing experience including content for a variety of social channels, etc.
- Adept understanding and usage of social media for business including Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks.
- Multi-task management, project coordination and execution, logistics and budget tracking against program goals and objectives; framework for social media programming that marries against business goals and communications strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 3+ years’ professional work experience in public relations and/or Social Media
- Passionate about social media and pets, along with a strong incorporation of both into daily life and behaviors
- Strong knowledge and understanding of a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.)
- Experience building and cultivating social communities
- Solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using social media analytics tools
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with a proven track record of delivering results
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Experience working with agency partners
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Vice President, Communications
Merrick Pet Care