This communications internship will be dedicated to a specific corporate project – the Quantum program.
This intern will be working on a variety of internal communications projects for the Quantum Team, for Quantum and Wellmark leadership, and for the entire Wellmark organization.
This internship will provide exposure to a fast-paced business environment, working among a team that is engaged in a highly visible and challenging program implementation effort, involving both technology and business transformation. You would be able to interact with the communications team, program implementation/technology team, and multiple business areas/functions, at a variety of levels. You will also have the opportunity to interact with multiple business areas and gain an understanding of the functions involved in delivering insurance products.
Hiring Specifications Required:
- Current junior or senior level student in a Communications, Journalism or related major
- Demonstrated computer skills with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Completed courses in writing
Hiring Specifications Preferred:
- Previous internship or work experience in a corporate office enviornment
1. Writing, editing and proofing communications targeted to the Quantum Team and/or all Wellmark employees (e.g. website news articles, announcements)
2. Assist in producing weekly and monthly executive level program reports; this will include information gathering, copy editing, and presentation formatting
3. Full project lifecycle involvement: Assessment of business communications needs through distribution
4. Conduct interviews and content gathering for various communication pieces
5. Prepare articles for publication on our intranet
6. Assist with production of videos for internal distribution which includes concepting, scripting and production assistance
7. Assist with town hall content development and broadcasts
8. Event support for Rewards and Recognition events and team celebration events
9. Attend business meetings and record and publish notes for use by the team
10. Post updates and articles on Quantum website and Quantum Team SharePoint site
11. Participate in production of change management communications deliverables