COMPANY: Allstate Insurance Company
APPLY: www.allstate.jobs and enter NOR01190 in the Job Number field.
TITLE: Enterprise Communication Intern, Allstate Corporate Relations Department
LOCATION: Northbrook, Illinois
Corporate Relations (CR) plays a vital role in Allstate’s success. We advance the business priorities of the corporation through effective strategic communications and promote alignment and engagement with Allstate’s reputation-building strategies across the enterprise. We provide our leaders, our employees and our agency owners and their staffs with tools that help drive exceptional value for customers. We drive business results through:
- Improved external reputation with investors, policymakers, media, customers, consumers, engaged consumers and opinion-leaders
- Improved Allstater engagement and accountability
We lead work that reassures our customers — and those who someday will be customers — that they are in Good Hands with Allstate. We help policymakers and regulators understand how we prepare and protect their constituents. We connect Allstate with communities around the country and deliver on our “good hands” promise to society.
The Enterprise Communications team is responsible for driving employee engagement and Our Shared Vision values, strategies and priorities. The overall objective of the team is to develop and implement communications, initiatives and tactics that:
- deepen employee confidence in Allstate’s strategy and ability to execute successfully and
- accelerate culture change by supporting and championing business initiatives that engage, inspire and empower employees to drive growth.
Throughout your Enterprise Communications internship, you will work side by side with experienced professionals to translate your classroom knowledge into real-world challenges in a dynamic business environment. Specifically, you will assist the Enterprise Communications team with the following:
Social Media Initiatives: Assist with social media metrics, evaluation of social media campaigns/programs, and work with tools such as Crimson Hexagon and Jive.
Writing: Assist in creating internal strategic communications that are aligned with corporate priorities and messaging. Prepare key messages, documentation, and toolkits; manage revisions and legal approval; execute delivery through proper communication channel.
Project Management: Actively participate in project meetings from inception to delivery to understand deliverables, audience, timing, expected outcomes and goals. Ability to organize project into discrete tasks, estimating and managing time required to complete tasks.
Building Relationships: Build and maintain relationships with CR team members and colleagues in other departments.
Strategy & Planning: Assist in the execution and planning of communication strategies. Develop a basic tactical plan with focus on timeline and audience needs.
Enterprise Communication team initiatives this role may support include:
- Allstate Ambassador Communications
- Enterprise Social Media
- Strategic Content/Messaging Development
- Digital Communications/Content Delivery
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should have a deep interest and general understanding of communications and public relations, demonstrate excellent oral and excellent written communication skills, the ability to assume responsibility, prioritize their work, and think creatively. In addition the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience using social media tools in a school or corporate environment, specifically creating a social media campaigns is highly desired
- Ability to work well with business professionals of varying backgrounds, talents and management techniques
- Capacity to process detailed information quickly and synthesize into communication tactics that resonate with and engage stakeholders
- Knowledge of public relations trends and best practices preferred
- Previous academic, extracurricular and/or work experience related to public relations is a preferred
We prefer candidates who are upper-level undergraduate students majoring in journalism, strategy communication, or business communication with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or first year graduate students.