The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau is looking for an intern to assist the marketing staff with various marketing campaigns. This person would also assist with management of the department’s databases and resource libraries.
The ideal candidate would be working toward a degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism. Must be a hard-working, dependable individual! We’re all about work. And some fun too!
Please note that this is not a paid internship.
Duties and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and prepare promotional materials, including design projects and e-newsletters
- Make changes to CatchDesMoines.com under direction of Marketing Manager
- Update and proof publications (dependent on semester), including Catch Des Moines and Planner’s Guide
- Write weekly and monthly television/radio scripts
- Update media lists
- Attend Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission events
- Other duties as needed
- Receive college credit for your internship (when applicable, as determined by your school)
- Gain a better understanding of promotions, marketing, hospitality and the travel business/industry
- Develop strong contacts in the Des Moines market
- Be part of some of Des Moines’ biggest, most successful events
- Obtain recommendations and references
- Work flexible hours
Opportunities are available for fall, spring and summer semesters. If you are interested in helping the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau marketing department and becoming part of our team, please send your resume to:
Vice President of Finance & Administration
400 Locust Street, Suite 265
Des Moines, IA 50309
Fax: (515) 244-9757