August Home Publishing has an immediate opening for a Video Production Specialist. This in-house position is located in Des Moines, Iowa.
August Home Publishing produces the Woodsmith Shop television show (a top-rated national show in its seventh season, distributed on public TV stations). This position will be at the center of that production (and many others). Emphasis will be placed on the editing process, but the right candidate would participate in the entire production process. Qualifications and responsibilities are below:
• Must be proficient in Final Cut Pro. Experience with After Effects a definite plus.
• Must be able to edit video to meet Public Television guidelines for national broadcast TV program.
• Must be able to collaborate with producers, directors, magazine editors, and marketing to create how-to videos for websites and apps, short videos for webisodes, product marketing videos, commercials, etc.
• Prefer someone with experience in lighting, audio technologies, video compression, and other production related technologies. May also include shooting hand-held or with Steadicam.
• Must be responsible for your time and schedule. You’ll be working independently and under varying deadlines.
• Must be able to collaborate and work well with others. We’re looking for someone who knows when to step back, and the confidence to know when to step up.
• Excellent oral and written skills. You’ll be working with a lot of people and must be able to communicate effectively.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, please include non-returnable samples of your work.
Send a cover letter and resume to August Home Publishing Human Resources, 2200 Grand Avenue, Des Moines IA 50312 or apply online at www.augusthome.com.