Location: Wright Service Corp., 5930 Grand Avenue, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (across from DMACC)
Schedule: Negotiable, 10-15 hours/week, January through May with the possibility of continuing into the summer and/or fall semester
Pay: Hourly, to be discussed at interview
Responsibilities: The marketing and communications intern will work with marketing and communications and other executive, operations and administrative staff to support Wright Service Corp. and its family of companies, including Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CN Utility Consulting, Terra Spectrum Technologies, and Sustainable Environmental Consultants, with business locally and nationwide.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the annual awards banquet, regional and national tradeshows, and local promotional events.
- Writing content for corporate websites, social media, newsletters, direct mail, and other communication deliverables for both internal and external audiences. Some photo and video content creation opportunities may be available.
- Researching and distributing information about companies’ major competitors.
- Organizing the development and submission of advertisements.
- Maintaining internal documents, including measurement reports, market research data, and organization charts.
- Researching public relations, tradeshow, sponsorship and other marketing opportunities.
- Enrollment or interest in a Communications, Marketing or other related degree program.
- Willingness and ability to learn about the environmental services industries in which our companies operate.
- Solid writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Strong references.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, your resume, and one writing sample by December 21 to Brescia Berg, marketing and communications manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.