The Gazette and KCRG-TV9 in Cedar Rapids (parent company Iowa SourceMedia Group) are seeking an intern with strong multimedia skills to help in political and legislative coverage of statewide interest at the Iowa Statehouse during the legislative session. This intern would help gather spot news stories and assist staff in producing enterprise reports for print, TV and online news products. The paid internship is based with the legislative team in Des Moines and runs the course of the session, which begins in January and runs through the Spring.
- Preparing clearly written, accurate content on deadline for digital, print and broadcast platforms on both spot news
- Covering meetings as well as generating enterprise story ideas
- Gathers and edits audio and/or video for use online or for broadcast
- Uses social media to convey stories and engage the audience
Applications are due by Dec. 5. A resume with references, cover letter and work sample should be included in the application.
Applicants should be:
- Journalism majors
- Have strong multimedia and writing skills
- Available 20-30 hours per week
If you’re interested in applying, submit materials to:
Zack Kucharski, senior manager of newsroom operations
The Cedar Rapids Gazette and KCRG-TV9
P.O. Box 511
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406