The Mission of the Working Group for the Infusion of Global and Multicultural Understandings (WGIGMU) is to be a catalyst for cultural change by facilitating the infusion of global and multicultural understandings throughout the Drake community. WGIGMU is hiring two to three student associates to develop, implement, and evaluate initiatives to guide that mission.
We seek applicants who will commit to 10 hours per week during the spring 2013 and fall 2013 semesters, as well as time to be negotiated during the summer, to help us create momentum towards developing a campus-wide culture of infusion.
These students will:
- Collaborate with members of the Working Group to make initiatives relevant to students, faculty, and staff.
- Develop a spring event focusing on the social justice aspects of the mission, including brainstorming and idea development, coordinating logistical arrangements, and publicizing the event.
- Create and maintain an effective campus presence for the group, including creating strategies for dissemination of information via several means, including social media.
- Develop programming and materials to aid the infusion of global and multicultural understandings throughout the community.
- Consult with the working group on the use of specifically designated Social Justice Funds
We seek interested students with a wide range of talents and skills, including:
- Experience with computers and digital media (facebook, twitter, blogs, film, podcasts, web design and development, wordpress, html, adobe suite)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with multiple constituencies
- Independence, self-direction, and enthusiasm for collaboration.
Above all, successful applicants will be persons of integrity with a demonstrated commitment to the mission of the working group. We have a preference for students who are able to make a two-semester commitment. The Working Group gratefully acknowledges the support of the Slay Fund for Social Justice in hiring these student associates.
Please submit a resume and a brief cover letter addressing your interest in serving in this position, referencing the mission of the group. Applications are due prior to midnight on Sunday, November 25. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com