The Des Moines Wine Festival Foundation is seeking an intern for the Spring 2013 semester through June 14, 2013. The event assistant will work with the entire event team to execute the eight-day festival June 1 – 8 as well as smaller events throughout the spring. This is a paid position.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, organize and communicate with over 100 volunteers
- Recruit and communicate with prospective wineries, breweries and food vendors
- Manage licensing for participating vendors
- Update website and other digital communications
- Design collateral pieces for festival attendees, vendors, sponsors & patrons
- Serve as a liaison for sponsors and patrons regarding their benefits
The qualified applicant will be detail-oriented, quick-thinking and able to retain a positive attitude under stressful situations. Strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, inDesign and Photoshop are required.
10 – 15 hours a week during the school year Full time May 20 – June 14. This is a paid position.
Interested individuals should send resume and cover letter to:
Des Moines Wine Festival Foundation email@example.com
1011 Locust Street, Suite 301
Des Moines, IA 50309